Lead generation is crucial for the success of your business. But did you know that there is huge potential for revenue in your list of existing customers. Not only that, but following-up has many other business boosting benefits*:
- Boost your sales—Happy customers are more likely to come back and buy more.
- Increase customer retention—Satisfied customers are more loyal.
- Generate customer testimonials and referrals—Future clients will be more willing to trust you if you show them case studies that include quotes and names.
- Improve your performance—Customer feedback will help you improve your products or fix service problems.
- Innovate—By listening to customers’ needs and problems, you are gathering invaluable intelligence to create new products or services.
- Differentiate—By following up, you’re doing something most businesses don’t bother with and that sets you apart from the herd.
(*thanks to – https://goo.gl/mLS8UP)
A sales follow-up strategy is an easy but effective way of boosting your revenues by:
- Re-selling to existing customers and
- Getting referrals / improving your online presence i.e reviews
When does your customer journey end? When is the ‘customer sale’ completed?
For some, it’s when the transaction has been processed and the customer walks away with their goods, for others this is when the contract is up, or it may be when you walk out of the house after repairing their dish washer.
Following up after the consumer buying journey is a common missed opportunity for a lot of businesses.
Here are 5 simple ways to expertly follow-up after a sale:
- Send a ‘Thank You’ note; it’s important to say thank you after making a sale.
- Ask for feedback; send a follow-up email asking for a review, send out feedback surveys, listen to your customer’s opinions, and resolve any issue they might have.
- Open-communication; keep an open line of communication with the customer (if they are happy for you to do so) via email, high-value newsletters or on Social Media
- Relationship Management; create and maintain a friendly relationship with the customer. This will improve the likeliness of repeat business.
- Referrals; Happy customers will willingly refer you to their friends/peers etc. Word of mouth is an invaluable and attractive lead generation strategy, as referrals have added credibility. It is important to maintain a professional reputation.
How Can Business Success SW Help?
A sound follow-up process should be an integral part of your sales and marketing strategy. We encourage our clients to follow-up with a customer after every sale, in a way that proves optimal for them and their business.
To learn how to create, implement and maintain a results-driven Marketing Strategy, get in touch today for your FREE business review with our Marketing Specialist:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 01752 220 377